Monday 7 November 2011

...not quite herself

Well we are almost one week into this round of treatment and my poor little girl is just not herself. When she wakes in the morning she must feel nauseous because she almost gags at anything she can smell, and her tastebuds are also pretty sensitive.  We had to stop into Metro yesterday to pick up bread and as soon as she could smell all the food in the bakery and produce area - she almost gagged...poor thing.  She also seems to have the shakes in the morning but never a fever. I have probably taken her temperature 10 times in the last couple of days.
  Giving her meds continues to be a challenge, much more  than ever before. I feel like she not telling me she doesn't feel well so she can avoid taking any medicine. Its like when she gags, she immediately says " I am not sick mommy, I don't need my medicine".  I try to tell her that it's OK if she doesn't feel well, but its important that she tell me so can try to make her better.
Although she is on steroids her appetite has not increased to the extent it did last time, but she is being very specific with what she wants to eat - and we are back to the favourites ( fried egg sandwiches and rice).
Well right now are hanging out in her room while she watches Lion King and eats an egg sandwich.  We will soon be heading out on our morning walk - Aly seems to look forward to her walks every day - and it's nice to see her smile. Now if only she would willingly take her steroids, otherwise the next 10 minutes is not gonna be pretty.

1 comment:

  1. So sad Aly has to go through this. You are doing a great job at taking care of her. Hopefully she feels better very soon.

    Maureen & Hugh xx

    ReplyDelete