Wednesday 23 November 2011

Admitted

We we were supposed to be admitted this week for an overnight treatment, however an unexpected blood infection and caused a bit of a change to the plan.  The only thing that didn't change, is that we still got admitted.  The recent trip to emerg for a fever meant that we had to have blood cultures done - - those results came back on Monday and showed a positive result for a blood infection - - so her second phase of delayed intensification is now pushed out a week and will begin on the 29th, if all goes well.  Right now we are in KGH and Aly is currently on anti-biotics to fight this infection.  She is not feeling her best, as she has also developed a cough since Sunday.  She has spiked a couple of fevers throughout the night and today, however we just took her temp about an hour ago and she was sitting at just over 36 - which was great. 
  Aly was definitely out of sorts today, and slept for about 4 hours this afternoon. Needless to say she was wide awake this evening and managed to just fall asleep about 10 minutes ago ( 10:30pm)

   Tonight she decided that she wanted cheese slices and she wanted them NOW.  I thought I had thought of everything and grabbed all of her favourite things and stocked the hospital... fridge with them - - but I have no idea how I could forget her cheese slices!!  She kept asking me to call someone who could bring her cheese slices, then she asked if we could go for a walk and maybe see if one of the nurses had some ( that made me laugh).  So we put on her shoes, grabbed Wall-E and went for a walk.  Every nurse and PCA we passed said hi to Aly - - and she in turn looked at them and said - - "do you have any slices of cheeses?"  It was so cute!  What wasn't cute, was how she reacted when they all said no.  I had missed the cafeteria by about one hour, and I was trying to think about how the heck I could get her cheese slices - - then I remember that our friend Andrew had sent me a text just last night saying that if Aly needed anything to let him know, as he lives close by, and he could bring it down to her.  I don't think he expected a message back from me so soon ..... but I sent him one and within an hour he was in her hospital room with a 24 pack of Black Diamond Cheese slices.  The look on her face was like Christmas morning - - too funny.  She ate, slice after slice after slice, then she asked if she could hold the whole package while she watched her movie.  Andrew and I looked at each other like it was some crazy addiction - - and there she lay in her bed, her arms wrapped around 21 slices of cheese watching "Over the Hedge".  Soon after, she fell asleep!

Thanks Andrew - - I will be forever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment