Monday 22 August 2011

Play Date

Well it was a special day today .... Aly and I went to her daycare this morning so she could play outside with all of her friends.  When we first pulled into the driveway, she was excited and wanted to see Denise but when we drove up the drive way she saw all the kids run towards the gate and I think she got nervous.  It has been about 2 months since Aly has been to daycare or really had any form of socializing with kids her age so I guess I understand why she might have been anxious.  We got out of the truck and I carried her into the backyard, and our dog Lola followed close behind.  At first she had a firm hold of me, but all of the kids were great and gave her the space she needed.  It didn't take long before she was playing with the toys in the yard and asking to go on the swing.  She interacted with each of the kids, played with all her favourite toys and ran around screaming with joy like any other child her age.    We stayed for a while and Denise and I had a great chat while her daughter played with Aly and watched her to make sure she was OK.  It was getting close to lunch when we decided to leave, as I could see that Aly was getting tired.  She said goodbye to all of her friends and gave Denise and her daughter hugs and thanked them for the visit........I think we were all happy to see Aly playing with her friends and in such great spirits.......thanks Denise and kids xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the gifts I was talking about; the pure happiness you feel watching your daughter play and knowing how happy she is in that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the nicest thing I have heard all week!

    ReplyDelete