Tuesday 27 September 2011

Is this a dream??

I apologize for not updating the blog as regularly as I did before, but Aly is doing so well I am soaking it all up.  Writing this blog is a bit of therapy for me and updating it seems to remind me of all the hard times we went through this summer.  I realized that by not updating the blog, I was really just being selfish.  I know that she is doing great and acting like a healthy (nearly) 3 year old, but all of you that read this, don't know that. People assume that no news is good news, but I guess I should write about the good news too.

Well here goes .... Aly is fantastic.  She runs around and plays like any other child her age.  Her visits to clinic are getting easier, last week she even sat in the big green chair all on her own to get her gripper taken out (gripper is the needle that goes into her port and allows nurses to obtain blood and give her chemo) ..... she cried a little, but was SO BRAVE....I was so proud of her.  She is nearing the end of this round of treatment and people give me a strange look when I tell them I don`t know what is next for her treatment ...... it`s gonna be a tough round for her, so I am not ready to face that reality.  A couple of weeks ago I spoke with some other parents at the clinic whose kids are now in maintenance and they were talking about what to expect in Aly`s next round of treatment and gave me some tips on how they handled it.  But for now I am enjoying her laughs, her playfulness and even her saucy behaviour.  I swear that she is wise beyond her years - the things that come out of her mouth are unreal.  The other day we were on our way to a playdate with Denise and one of the kids from daycare, and while we were listening to the radio she heard the word `Watertown`.... she said, ``oh we can`t can`t go there Mommy ....`` ...after asking her why, she said because Mommy, we would get wet .... and we shouldn't get wet in our clothes``.  It was so funny.

So we are being careful and ensuring no-one is sick, but I am trying to get Aly out and playing with other kids in the park, or having some light playdates.  It might be a long winter in-doors and I think it`s important that she soak up all the fresh air and fun that fall has to offer.  This past week she was able to have playdate with one of the boys she went to daycare with.  Liam is such a sweet, loving little boy and they played so well together at the park.  They shared, they laughed and they played well together - it was go great to see.  Aly was also excited to see her favourite cousin Connor this weekend and little Grace.  We went to see his hockey game, then we went to Grannies and played for a few hours in the backyard, on the swing, in her playhouse and on the deck with her toys - - she had a blast!! 

No treatment this week, just antiobiotics to aid in preventing any infections that she might be exposed to.  Wed head back to the clinic on Oct 4th.


No comments:

Post a Comment